- 1/2 cup <u>Chocolate Chip Cookie Base</u> (refrigerated) plus 16 cookies (2 1/4 inches in diameter)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (3/4 cups)
- Break cookie dough into chunks; stir into ice cream. Freeze until firm, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour over chocolate in a bowl. Let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Let stand, whisking often, until thick and spreadable, about 25 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons ganache onto 8 cookies. Scoop 1/4 cup ice cream onto remaining cookies. Sandwich cookies together. Freeze on a baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Food Safety Note: The egg in the cookie dough is not cooked.