Wintergreen and Cranberry Ice Pops
Wintergreen leaves take icy and refreshing to a new level in these cranberry-studded pops. If you don't have access to wintergreen, swap in regular mint or omit the herb altogether.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 6 hours 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 6
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh wintergreen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mountain cranberries or regular cranberries
- Bring water and wintergreen to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and let stand for 1 hour. Strain mixture through a fine sieve; discard solids.
- Return wintergreen water to saucepan over medium-high heat, and add sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries. Return to a simmer, and cook for 1 minute. Let cool completely.
- Puree mixture in a blender, and strain through a fine sieve. (Alternatively, you can skip this step and have whole cranberries in the ice pops.)
- Divide mixture evenly among six 3-ounce paper cups. Cover top of each with a baking cup. Secure with twine or a rubber band. Poke a hole into the center of each liner, and insert a 4-inch twig or wooden craft stick. Freeze for at least 5 hours.
Ice pops can be frozen for up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.