Sweet berries get the savory treatment with the addition of shallots, vinegar, and parsley. Spoon the relish over roasted chicken breasts or over grilled chicken or pork.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
Yield Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced shallot
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup huckleberries or blueberries (5 ounces)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a
large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add huckleberries, parsley,
and oil, crushing some of the berries to release their juice. Season
with salt and pepper. Let stand
for 30 minutes before serving.
Relish can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.