- 2 pounds yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chilled vodka
- 4 jarred peperoncini, plus 1/4 cup reserved pickling liquid
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Puree tomatoes in a food processor until smooth. Strain in a cheesecloth-lined fine sieve set over a bowl, then press on solids to extract juice. (You'll need at least 2 cups.) Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Stir together tomato juice, vodka, pickling liquid, and lemon juice. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses, and garnish each with a peperoncino.
Pureed tomatoes can be strained overnight in the refrigerator. Sunny Marys can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Pour over ice just before serving.