Pound Cake with Peaches and Cream
All you have to do to assemble this "layer cake" is whip some cream and slice some peaches, arrange them on pieces of store-bought pound cake, and then pop the whole thing in the freezer to set.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 8
Yield Makes one 5-by-9-inch cake
- 3 peaches, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 store-bought pound cake, sliced horizontally into 3 even pieces
- Toss peaches with 1 tablespoon sugar. Whisk cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Line a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang on all sides. Lay bottom slice of pound cake in pan. Arrange half the peaches on top in a single layer. Spread half the whipped cream over peaches, and top with middle slice of pound cake. Repeat with remaining peaches, whipped cream, and slice of pound cake.
- Wrap cake gently with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan by using plastic overhangs to lift. Slice cake into 1-inch-thick slices. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.