Crisp Red Potatoes with Garlic-Herb Oil
The grill gives the boiled potatoes just the right amount of crispness, plus a deliciously smoky flavor. Add garlic, and this dish becomes the surprise hit of the menu: really simple, and really good.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- Large-flake sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place potatoes in a large pot, and fill with cold water. Season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 12 to 13 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. Halve potatoes, and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together parsley, garlic, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl.
- Grill potatoes directly on grates, flipping, until slightly charred and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toss with garlic-herb oil. Season with salt.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.