Grilled Shrimp and Bacon with Lemons
Everything in this dish is grilled -- even the lemon slices, which you can treat as a garnish or nibble on with the shrimp. Grilling the shrimp in their shells helps them retain their flavor and keeps them from being overcooked. Another tip: Relegate the bacon to the cooler areas of the grill, since the flames will flare up as the fat drips.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 4
- 16 large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), shells split but not removed, deveined
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon (about 6 ounces)
- Toss shrimp in a large nonreactive baking dish with zest and juice of 1 lemon, the Old Bay seasoning, and oil. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Slice remaining lemon into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Grill lemon slices, shrimp, and bacon directly on grates until lemon slices are caramelized (2 to 3 minutes per side), shrimp are cooked through (about 3 minutes per side), and bacon is lightly charred and crisp (4 to 5 minutes per side). Transfer lemons and shrimp to a bowl, and the bacon to a plate. Let cool slightly.
- Tear bacon into 2-inch pieces, and add to bowl with lemons and shrimp. Toss until well combined.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.