Watermelon and Coconut Sorbet Parfaits
These simple, striking parfaits are the kind of dessert that wows guests but requires barely more effort than cutting fruit. Ripe watermelon cubes and coconut sorbet taste delicious (and look gorgeous) together, needing only pinches of lime zest for a tropical inflection and toasted coconut for crunch.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Makes 6
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 pints store-bought coconut sorbet
- 2 cups cubed (1/2 inch) watermelon
- Finely grated lime zest, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake coconut flakes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Divide half the sorbet among 6 tall glasses using a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop. Top each with a layer of watermelon, another scoop of sorbet, and then more watermelon. Sprinkle with lime zest and toasted coconut.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.