Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
The 1 1/2-inch cookies called for in this recipe make super-cute toppers for the frosting. But if you're short on time, by all means omit them.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield Makes 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups <u>Chocolate Chip Cookie Base</u> plus 3 dozen cookies (1 1/2 inches)
- <u>Simple Vanilla Frosting</u>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line three 12-cup muffin tins with baking cups. Whisk together flours, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Press 1 tablespoon cookie dough into bottom of each baking cup. Top each with 2 tablespoons batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to racks. Let cool completely.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, and top each with a cookie.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.