Spiced Ginger Cashews
Want to really spice things up? Pair drinks with these addictive nuts.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2010
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 cups roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stir together sugar, coarse salt, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Stir roasted cashews into egg white; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar-and-spice mixture over nuts, and stir to coat. Arrange nuts in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool, or serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.