Family Pasta Sauce
This is a regular in our dinner rotation. I first made it one night when I didn't have dinner plans and was stocked with little more than grocery fumes. I realized that a whole log of sausage straight from the freezer could be browned in a skillet and needed only a can of tomatoes to become a delicious sauce. I served it with a pound of pasta scrounged from the pantry.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2011
- 1 frozen <u>sausage log</u>
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 pound drained al dente pasta (such as farfalle)
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown frozen sausage log in a medium heavy skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon, 25 to 30 minutes. Quarter tomatoes using kitchen scissors; add to skillet with juice. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add pasta to skillet and stir to combine. Garnish with cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.