Wriggling Snake Wreath
Dreadfully sophisticated and shockingly fun, a wreath wriggling with snakes hung on the front door gets Halloween off to a screaming start.
Photography: Ditte Isager
Martha Stewart Living, October 2010 http://www.marthastewart.com/854499/wriggling-snake-wreath
- Paint grapevine wreath using water-based spray paint; let dry.
- Paint vinyl snakes in assorted shapes and sizes using acrylic paint; let dry.
- Attach snakes to wreath: For flat snakes, twist floral wire around in two places, thread wire into wreath, and secure at back. Coiled snakes can simply be wrapped around wreath.
- Black acrylic paint
- Vinyl snakes, orientaltrading.com
- Floral wire, 20-gauge, save-on-crafts.com
- Black water-based spray paint, in Shock Black by Montana Gold, dickblick.com
- 18-inch grapevine wreath, save-on-crafts.com
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.