Seared Soy-Sesame Arctic Char
Arctic char can be substituted for brook trout, Tasmanian ocean trout, or salmon. To prepare this recipe as seen on "Mad Hungry" TV, simply quadruple the recipe.
From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 6-ounce piece of Arctic char
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper and brush with half of the sauce.
- Heat a small cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sear the fish skin side up for 4 minutes. Pour the remaining sauce over the fish and swirl the sauce around the pan. Carefully turn the fish, spoon the sauce over the top, and cook for 3 more minutes, until the fish is just cooked through. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.