Farro, Chickpea, Feta, and Mint Salad
Mediterranean flavors shine in this salad. Salty feta, refreshing mint, and nutty farro and chickpeas combine with pungent lemon and red onion.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield Makes 6 cups
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 cups cooked farro, tossed with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice while warm
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped (optional)
- Coarse salt
- Combine farro and chickpeas in a bowl. Stir in lemon zest, juice, and oil. Let cool.
- Stir in cheese, tomatoes, mint, and onion. Season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.