Melon-Berry Ice Pops
Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 3 1/4 hours
- Yield Makes 6
- 1 cup raspberries (5 ounces)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, flesh cut into large pieces (about 2 cups)
- In a blender, combine raspberries and 1/3 cup sugar and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-cup measuring cup, pressing lightly on solids (you should have about 2/3 cup puree); discard solids. Whisk in 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- In a clean blender, combine cantaloupe and 1/3 cup sugar; blend until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into another measuring cup, pressing lightly on solids (you should have about 3/4 cup puree); discard solids. Whisk in 6 tablespoons yogurt. Fill six 3-ounce ice-pop molds halfway with raspberry mixture, then top with cantaloupe mixture, slowing pouring down sides of molds. Insert ice-pop sticks and freeze until solid, 2 1/2 to 3 hours (or up to 1 week).
To remove ice pops, briefly run the molds under warm water, then gently pull sticks until pops release.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.