Grilled Tomatoes with Oregano and Lemon
Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 large tomatoes
- Heat a grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Halve tomatoes crosswise and brush cut sides with 2 tablespoons oil. Place, cut side down, on grill. Grill until lightly charred, about
4 minutes. With a metal spatula, flip tomatoes and grill until skins blister and begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a serving platter, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oregano-lemon oil. Serve tomatoes warm or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.