- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a small airtight container, combine chile powder, espresso powder, sugar, cinnamon, and pepper. Cover and shake well to combine. Store at room temperature, up to 1 month.
To Use, heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Rub 1/4 cup mixture on both sides of a 2-pound flank steak; season with coarse salt. Grill about 7 minutes per side for medium-rare, flipping once.