Corn and Black Bean Salad
Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chile
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned in spots, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer corn to a large bowl and stir in black beans, chile, cilantro, lime juice, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Good with pork tacos, baked chicken, or quesadillas.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.