- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, finely grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wedges
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a food processor, pulse parsley, walnuts, garlic, Parmesan, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream and process until a paste forms. Season pesto with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
- Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Season squash with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill squash, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with pesto.
Good with pork chops, mussels, or flank steak.