Creamy Macaroni Salad
This version has almost no mayonnaise, but you'd never know it.
Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, whites roughly chopped, yolks left whole
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 radishes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot. In a small bowl, finely mash 1 egg yolk with a fork (reserve remaining yolk for another use). Add yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Add to pasta, then stir in egg whites, radishes, celery, and pickle. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives just before serving.
To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.