Meatball Pita Sandwiches
Everyday Food, September 2011
- 1 cup reserved tomato sauce from Pork Meatballs
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 pitas, halved
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 10 to 12 reserved meatballs from Pork Meatballs, chilled or at room temperature, halved or quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, hot sauce, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon. In another small bowl, combine yogurt, mint leaves, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Fill pitas with lettuce leaves, meatballs and onion. Top with tomato and yogurt sauces and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.