- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt over garlic and roughly chop. Using the flat side of knife blade, crush mixture until a thick paste forms. Add to a large bowl, along with 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, paprika, coriander, vinegar, and oil, and mix well. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer, skin side up, on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake until skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
This flavorful rub can also be used to coat pork chops or tenderloin before baking.