Green Beans with Ginger and Tomatoes
Everyday Food, September 2011
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high. Add ginger and coriander and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until beans begin to soften, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until tomatoes begin to release their juices, 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 4 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to high, and cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.