Pea Shoots with Garlic
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons safflower oil
- 12 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 ounces pea shoots
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat until smoking. Add oil. When oil shimmers add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 seconds.
- Add pea shoots and continue stirring until pea shoots wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture to wok and continue stirring, 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.