- 5 cups crushed plums, peaches, or nectarines (about 3 pounds fruit), any bruised spots cut away
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (1.75 ounces) powdered, no-sugar-needed pectin
- Thoroughly wash, rinse, and dry seven 8-ounce plastic freezer or glass jars with tight-fitting lids. You can also use zip-top freezer bags.
- In a medium pot, combine fruit and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and pectin; add to fruit, stirring until sugar mixture dissolves and fruit returns to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Transfer to jars or bags, leaving a 1/2-inch space on top. Seal and let sit at room temperature until jam is set, 2 to 3 hours.
To store, freeze, up to 6 months.