Open-Faced Shrimp Quesadillas
Everyday Food, September 2011
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1 1/2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped scallions, white parts only
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle each with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and tortilla edges are just beginning to crisp, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine shrimp, vegetable oil, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Divide shrimp mixture and scallions between tortillas. Bake until shrimp is opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle quesadillas with cilantro and cut each into 6 wedges; serve with lime wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.