Spicy Tuna Melt
Everyday Food, September 2011
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) solid light tuna packed in water, drained and broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup (5 1/2 ounces) salsa
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 baguette
- 4 1/2 ounces pepper Jack cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. In a medium bowl, mix together tuna, salsa, and mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. Cut baguette in half lengthwise and place, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Top with tuna mixture and pepper Jack cheese, and broil until cheese melts and begins to turn golden, 5 minutes. To serve, cut into pieces and sprinkle with parsley.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.