- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium red bell peppers, diced small
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add bell peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Add red-wine vinegar and sugar and simmer until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 4 days.