- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound fusilli or other short, twisted pasta
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 3 medium bell peppers (1 yellow, 2 orange), stemmed, seeded, and sliced into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta
according to package instructions. Reserve
1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil
over medium-high. Pat chicken dry with paper
towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken
until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes
per side, flipping once. Transfer to a plate and let rest
5 minutes. With two forks, shred chicken.
- Wipe out skillet and heat 2 teaspoons oil over
medium-high. Add bell peppers and onion, season
with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally,
until vegetables are lightly browned and softened,
about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Add vegetables and
chicken to pasta. Toss, adding enough pasta
water to coat pasta, and season with salt and pepper.
To serve, drizzle with oil.
You can also refrigerate this dish, up to 3 days, and serve as a chilled pasta salad.