Waffles with Maple Syrup
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Butter, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Heat waffle iron to high. Heat oven to 200 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture, whisking just until large lumps disappear.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff glossy peaks. Fold whites into batter.
- Ladle about 1/3 cup batter into each section of the waffle iron; spread batter almost to the edges. Close iron and cook until no steam emerges, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer cooked waffles to a baking sheet. Transfer to oven to keep warm while baking the remaining batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.