Martha Stewart Kids
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, very finely chopped
- 1/2 small carrot, very finely grated
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- Bring 1 inch water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add broccoli. Cover; let steam until soft. Drain. Let cool; finely chop.
- Stir together ricotta, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrot in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup ricotta mixture onto 1 slice of bread. Top with second slice. Cut into quarters. Leftover spread can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 4 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.