Simple White Crackers
You'll have to discard any scraps, since this dough can't be rolled out again.
Martha Stewart Living, November 1997
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pulse flour, table salt, and sugar in a food processor to combine. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine running, gradually add milk; process until dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Roll into 10-by-12-inch sheet, 1/16 inch thick . Sprinkle with kosher salt; gently roll to press salt into dough.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2-inch squares; carefully transfer to a baking sheet. Liberally pierce with a fork. Bake until just brown and firm to touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.