Orange Poppy Seed Spirals
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
- Orange Sablé Dough Orange Sable Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/285770/orange-sable-dough)
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- Bring dough to room temperature. Place between two 12-by-14-inch pieces of parchment; roll out to an 8-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet; chill 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface. Remove top piece of parchment; sprinkle poppy seeds over top. Using bottom parchment to support dough, fold bottom edge to meet middle. Fold over two more times, forming a 1-inch-tall rectangle. Wrap; chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Remove parchment from dough, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick squares. Place on baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until edges turn light golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Bake or freeze remaining dough. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.