Cornmeal Tart Dough
Martha Stewart Living, April
Yield Makes shell for one 4 1/2-by-14-inch tart
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal, preferably stoneground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Add egg yolks, and mix just to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to yolk mixture, and mix just until dough comes together loosely. Flatten dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic. Chill dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.