Roasted Wax Beans with Peanuts and Cilantro
Wax beans become tender and succulent when roasted in the oven. This side dish combines them with crunchy peanuts, peppery cilantro, and a flavorful Asian dressing.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound wax beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss wax beans with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until browned in spots and tender, about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, and sugar. Add roasted beans, peanuts, and cilantro and toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.