Black Beans with Poblano
Martha Stewart Living, June 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and the chile; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; add beans, lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Toss well to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature, with lime wedges on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.