Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- Reserved roasted chicken breast halves from <u>Crispy Mustard Chicken with Carrots</u>, deboned
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound (1 jar or package) sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry (not rinsed)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Turn on broiler, with rack 4 inches from the heat. Thinly slice chicken. Top 4 slices of bread with cheese, then with chicken and sauerkraut.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and ketchup; spoon over sauerkraut. Place remaining slices of bread on top.
- Broil sandwiches, about 2 minutes on each side, until cheese has melted and bread is golden brown. Cut in half, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.