Honeyed Fig and Melon with Blue Cheese and Almonds
Slices of salty, pungent blue cheese are naturally suited for sweet figs, cantaloupe, and generous drizzles of honey. Serve a platter as an easy cheese course at the end of a meal.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 to 8 slices (1/4 inch thick) blue cheese
- 1 pint fresh Black Mission or Brown Turkey figs, halved
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Best-quality honey, for drizzling
- Arrange cheese slices on a serving platter, and top with figs and melon wedges. Sprinkle with almonds, and drizzle with honey.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.