Green Fruit Bowl with Frozen Grapes
Icy grapes, apple, kiwi, and melon make up a fruit-based take on "green" salad. A lemon thyme dressing brings the flavors together.
Photography: Christopher Baker
Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serves 8
- 12 ounces green grapes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon thyme or regular thyme sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 green apple
- 3 kiwifruits, peeled and sliced
- 4 to 5 cups honeydew melon balls (from 2 melons)
- Freeze grapes on a rimmed baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup: Bring water and sugar to a simmer in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and add lemon thyme. Let stand, covered, until cooled completely. Strain syrup through a fine sieve; discard solids.
- Thinly slice apple. Divide apple, kiwifruits, melon, and grapes among 8 bowls. Pour syrup over tops just before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.