For a more rustic feel, tear the lettuce with your hands instead of chopping with a knife.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 2 small heads crisp lettuce, washed and well dried
- Good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Red-wine vinegar
- Salt (preferably sea salt flakes)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tear the salad greens into a large salad bowl. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and vinegar over top and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Taste and add more oil, vinegar, salt, or pepper if needed.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.