- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, (4 pounds), cut into 10 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup store-bought canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 Sazon (Goya brand)
- 1/4 cup homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a Dutch-oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, 1 cup water, tomato sauce, wine, chicken stock, Sazon, cumin, garlic powder, and bay leaves; cook, uncovered, until chicken is opaque, about 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, olives, and raisins; cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes more. Serve immediately.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.