- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted, loose skins rubbed off
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 pounds nectarines, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch slices (keep slices together)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, warmed and strained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts, sugar, and flour until finely ground. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla, then hazelnut mixture.
- Unfold pastry onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. With an offset spatula, spread hazelnut mixture on pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Shingle nectarines over hazelnut mixture. Bake until pastry is golden and puffed and fruit is tender (if bubbles form in pastry, prick with a knife to deflate), 35 minutes. Brush fruit with preserves; let tart cool 20 minutes before serving.
Swap It: Use peaches in place of nectarines, or a mixture.