Gorgonzola Dolce with Figs and Port
Good Things for Weddings 2004, Special Issue 2004
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola dolce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 slices of white bread
For the Port Sauce
- 1/2 cup ruby port
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
For the Garnish
- 6 ripe figs, quartered
- 1 ounce mache
- Combine port, honey, peppercorns, and cloves in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and continue cooking until syrupy, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together cheeses; spread on bread with a small offset spatula.
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut bread into rounds.
- Top with figs, and drizzle with port sauce.
- Garnish with mache, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.