Rope Mirror How-To
Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- Measure and cut 2 segments of rope, one to fit around the mirror’s outer edge, the other to fit just inside the first.
- Glue rope to mirror, lining up the ends for a neat seam.
- Secure with painters' tape until dry.
- Once dry, make a knotted hanger: Cut a 45-inch length of rope, and tie a knot on both ends (we used a variation on the figure-eight knot; see diagram).
- Glue knotted ends of rope to sides of mirror; one knot should cover the seams. Secure with painters' tape until dry.
- 1/2-inch-thick natural-fiber rope (from home-supply stores)
- Unframed 10-inch round mirror
- Cement glue
- Painters' tape
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.