Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
Tools and Materials
- Drill, with 1/2-inch drill bit
- Wooden tray
- 1/2-inch-thick natural-fiber rope (from home-supply stores)
- Cement glue
- Painters' tape
- Craft knife
Rope-Handled Caddy How-To
- Drill 2 holes 4 1/2 inches apart on ends of tray.
- Cut a 13-inch length of rope for each handle. Feed it through the holes.
- To hold rope in place, wrap twine around each end 3 times, gluing it as you wrap.
- Use tape to secure twine until dry. Remove tape, and trim excess rope with craft knife.
Blond wood tray, 12 inches by 12 inches by 3 inches; jamaligarden.com. Stray Dog side table, westelm.com.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.