Egg and Watercress Sandwiches
Made with toasted brioche and sliced eggs, these are a hearty take on delicate tea sandwiches.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- 8 large eggs
- 16 slices brioche, toasted
- 1/2 cup <u>Martha's Lemony Mayonnaise</u> or best-quality store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 cups watercress, trimmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cover eggs with water in a saucepan by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 13 minutes.
- Drain, and run under cold water. Peel, and slice into rounds.
- Spread brioche slices generously with mayonnaise. Top each of 8 slices with 1 sliced egg and 1/4 cup watercress. Season with salt and pepper. Sandwich with remaining brioche.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.