Monogram Velvet Pillow
Velvet fabric and a web of contrasting metallic embroidery floss give this pillow a luxurious look.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2011
- Download the PDF; print the initial you'd like to use, enlarging as needed
- Place transfer paper face down on pillowcase. Place letter right side up on transfer paper. Trace letter with a pencil to transfer outline.
- Center letter in embroidery hoop. Stitch in space around letter, zigzagging to create dense diagonal stitches.
- Sew a running stitch along outline of letter to finish.
- Dark-colored velvet pillowcase
- White transfer paper
- Embroidery hoop and needle
- Metallic embroidery floss
- Monogram templates
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.