Escarole, Avocado, and Radish Salad
A surprising combination of textures, flavors, and colors, this recipe provides a perfect start to virtually any meal. Do not slice the avocado until you are ready to serve the salad; doing so may cause the avocado to brown.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head escarole, well washed, spun dry, and torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced lengthwise, for garnish
- 6 radishes, very thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper. Add escarole, and toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates, and garnish with avocado and radish.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.