These tangy glazed nuts go perfectly with a glass of sherry.Return to Healthy Almond Menu
Martha Stewart Living, October 2003
- Yield Makes 2 cups
- 10 ounces whole shelled almonds
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine tamari and maple syrup. Add almonds, and toss until thoroughly coated. Lightly cover the baking sheet with cooking spray, and spread almonds evenly on sheet.
- Roast in oven until deep brown, stirring once, 15 to 17 minutes. Immediately transfer to a clean baking sheet, and spread out almonds, separating so nuts don't touch. Let cool before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.