Deep-Dish Pate Brisee
Martha's sister-in-law Rita Christiansen uses this generous pate brisee recipe to make Raspberry Rhubarb Lattice Pie.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2002
- Yield Makes enough for one 12-inch deep-dish pie
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup ice water
- Place flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor; process to combine. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup ice water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube with the machine running, just until the dough holds together. Do not process for more than 30 seconds. Test dough by squeezing a small amount together; if it is still crumbly, add a bit more water.
- Turn dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Press into a flattened circle, and wrap in the plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.